Monday, February 12, 2007

First Post




I have been holding Indian Food cooking classes in Shanghai, for past few months. My first students were members from Shaghai Expat Website, which was one of the reasons for starting the classes in the first place. I had read a thread where the person posting the thread wanted to know if there were places where she could learn Indian cooking, hands - on. It made me feel that I should start a cooking class. I had replied by saying I would teach, and some other members had come for a first class. The particular member who came to the class with her friends was a very sweet girl, who took pictures of the food they had cooked, and posted the pictures with a recommendation, on the site. This photograph - they say pictures say it better than words - gave me a number of inquiries, few of them resulting in me having regular weekday as well as weekend classes. Then when I had a class last time, I tried to take some pictures, to post on the website - then one of the students wanted to know why. I told her that I wanted to post it on the Sh Expat website, when she remarked that, I should have my own site !


That set me thinking, well, why not ?


So here is my first post. with it, the photo of the Butter Chicken we made on that day in the first class. This is not the photo my first student has taken, but I guess it should suffice for the time being till I can ask her permission to use hers !

No comments: